Wednesday, December 28, 2011

USS Bonhomme Richard CV31

On the workbench I am doing the USS Bonhomme Richard 1/750 kit. I am doing this for a friend who served aboard her in the 50's.

This kit is so detailed I had one of those "What was I thinking" moments.

The instructions at times look like rocket science.

Included were some PE or Photo Etched parts. Although this is pretty cool I am sure it will become a big pain in the you know what.



Looks ok for now but will look better after some putty work.





Also need to number the doors in yellow. No decals so will paint these details in myself.







Got a great deal on a holding vise from Hobby Lobby. Used a gift card I got for Christmas. This vise will be really useful in all of my projects. Doubly so when I get back to my USS Constitution. Had to put that on the back shelf until this is finished. I have til May to get this one completed. It will be a great birthday gift doncha think?






















No comments:

Post a Comment