Sunday, March 4, 2012

NEWLY AQUIRED!

I am totally stoked! I just aquired the 1.100 HMS VICTORY!!!
I took a browsing trip to a local antique mall on a whim Saturday, and turning a corner I found a booth with about 6 model kits including a 1.96 scale Constitution and this one and since the price was right ($43.80 including tax) I just had to have it!!!

The kit is HUGE! The box alone measures a good 3'x 2'x3" and the artwork is beautiful.






Everything is there except some thread which is no problem since it is fairly cheap.





The instructions are in both French and English. At first I thought there were only the French ones but looking further I found the English ones. (WHEW! Thought I was gonna have to learn French.)







For those of you who know the kind of detail in the Constitution, throw all that out the window. This thing has more detail than you can shake two sticks at. It has got two tools in it that I wish I had had long ago and will keep long after I finish this thing. One is a tool for making Ratlines and the other is a tool for making netting. I may even utilize these tools to finish my Constitution.








1 comment: