Friday, October 19, 2012

HMS Victory update

Well, my Heller HMS Victory is comming along nicely. It has been so far the biggest pain in the asterix that I have ever come across. If you get this kit beware to read every bit of the instructions before you begin. Oh, speaking of that...I didn't and I now have to do a most tedious task of rigging up the deadeyes using two clamps and a couple of marks on the table to get the distance just right. When you do the deadeyes, leave them on the sprues until you finish rigging them. It will make them much easier to do.









 I got the netting from jo-anns fabricks from a $1 bin of edging. Looks good to me.


 Got the bowsprit started and the figureheads on and painted although the picture is too bright to tell.
Dang I really need a new camera. lol

1 comment:

  1. I also procured some netting which seemed to be just about the right size for the HMS Victory I'm building. I didn't realize that the other netting was "white" so didn't look for any. The "black" netting for the Bowsprit area was from a small ball of cotton string-like material. I'm about 35% into the Victory and I can tell ya,...I've assembled a lot of model boat's in my 86 year's and have never seen such horrible instructions as Hellers Victory.

    ReplyDelete